3 egg whites— 2 tbsp light shredded cheese—2 tbsp chopped green pepper —ham—-1 tbsp Pepper to taste ——1/8 tsp seasoning (optional) 1 whole-grain English muffin, toasted
1. Get a bowl the size of english muffin and dishwasher safe.
2. In the bowl, mix together egg, cheese, pepper, ham, ground pepper and seasoning (if using). Microwave on high for 1 minute. Turn the egg over and microwave for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3. Place egg on the toasted English muffin.
(Makes 1 Serving)
Calories Per Serving: 247
3 cups apple juice —-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon—- 1 1/2 cups quick oats—- 1/2 cup chopped apple —-1/4 cup maple syrup ——-1/4 cup raisins —-1/4 cup chopped walnuts—– 4 tbsp fat free vanilla yogurt
1. Combine apple juice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Stir in oats, chopped apple, maple syrup and raisins.
3. Reduce heat and cook until most of juice is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Fold in walnuts.
4. Top each bowl with a tablespoon of yogurt.
(Makes 4 Servings)
Calories Per Serving: 271
3 cups watermelon chunks— 1 small banana, chopped— 1 cup ice 1 1/2 cups —0% fat vanilla yogurt
1. Put watermelon chunks, chopped banana, ice and yogurt in a blender. Blend until desired smoothness.
2. Pour into glasses.
(Serving Size 12 oz)
Calories Per Serving: 158
#DAY4#WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKES
Careful with toppings as that can add calories,
1 cup whole wheat flour— 1 tsp baking powder— 1/2 tsp baking soda —1/8 tsp salt —1 egg,lightly beaten —1 cup low-fat buttermilk—2 tbsp honey
1. Whisk whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
2, In a small bowl, combine egg, buttermilk and honey.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and stir in egg and buttermilk mixture. Allow batter to rest for a few minutes.
4. Set a nonstick frying pan to medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls on to griddle or pan. Cook until the edges begin to dry and bubbles appear in the pancakes. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
(Makes 8 pancakes)
Calories Per 2 Pancake Serving: 188
#DAY5#MORNING POWER BAR
Power up your morning workout with this healthy power bar.
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats— 1/4 cup slivered almonds— 1 tbsp flax seeds, preferably golden —1 tbsp sesame seeds —1 cup unsweetened whole-grain puffed cereal — 1/3 cup currants— 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots —1/4 cup creamy almond butter —1/4 cup sugar — 1/4 cup honey —1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract —1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch-square pan with cooking spray.
2. Spread oats, almonds, flax seeds and sesame seeds on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the oats are lightly toasted. Transfer to a large bowl. Add cereal, currants, apricots and raisins; toss to combine.
3. Combine almond butter, sugar, honey, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low, stirring frequently, until the mixture bubbles.
4. Immediately pour the almond butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or spatula until no dry spots remain.
5. Transfer to the prepared pan and press the mixture down firmly to make an
6. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes
(Makes 8 Bars)
Calories Per 1 Bar Serving: 244 calories
1 large egg —1 large egg white— 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Freshly ground pepper, to taste —1 tablespoon chopped scallions —1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, or parsley (optional) —2 tablespoons prepared black bean dip —whole-wheat wrap—1 teaspoon canola oil —2 tablespoons grated pepper —Cheddar cheese —1 tablespoon prepared green or red salsa, (optional)
1. Set oven rack 6 inches from the heat source; preheat broiler.
2. Stir together eggs, hot sauce and pepper, scallions and cilantro (or parsley), if using.
3. If black bean dip is cold, warm it in the microwave on High for 10 to 20 seconds. Place wrap between paper towels and warm in the microwave on High for about 10 seconds. Spread bean dip over the wrap, leaving a 1-inch border all around.
4. Brush oil over a 10-inch nonstick skillet; heat over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and cook 20 to 30 seconds. Place the skillet under the broiler and broil just until the top is set, 20 to 30 seconds.
5. Slide the omelet onto the wrap. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll the wrap and serve with salsa/
(Makes 1 Serving)
Calories Per Serving: 321
300g jumbo oats —100g All bran— 25g wheatgerm— 100g dark raisins— 140g ready-to-eat apricots , cut into chunks —50g golden linseed
1. Mix everything in a large bowl. 2. Store for up to 2 months, airtight.
3. Serve with Milk if you prefer
Calories Per 1 Cup Serving: 124